As announced, cloud-init 19.4 was released Wednesday, December 18! From the announcement, some highlights include:
- Azure cloud integration test support to cloud_tests
- new_instance_id will properly match incorrect byte-swapped UUIDs
- add support for multiple IP addresses on a single nic
- support for ds-identify on systems without /sys filesystem
- support for password expiry
- Parsing DHCP lease file format option 121 on RedHat
- Adding initial Red Hat based Amazon linux definition
- Documentation updates both online docs and man pages
- Bug fixes for network configuration v1
- Ec2: Add support for IMDSv2 session based API tokens
- Salt/minion package version updates for FreeBSD
And of course numerous bug fixes and other enhancements.
This was a short release, primarily to cut one final release of the year. It was also done to mark the end of Python 2.7 support.
Version 19.4 is already available in Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan). A stable release updates (SRU) to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic) and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) will start soon.
Below is a breakdown and history of recent releases. It also shows the change in version to the year.release format: