As announced, cloud-init 19.3 was released Tuesday, November 5! From the announcement, some highlights include:
- Microsoft Azure:
- Emit network configuration v2 (Netplan) from Azure’s instance metadata service
- Support for dhcp6 route-metrics
- New Exocale datasource
- Add support for Zstack and e24cloud datasources.
- Google Compute Engine: add support for publishing host keys
- Oracle: configure secondary nics
- VMware & OVF:
- add option to enable/disable custom user script. default is disabled
- do not re-generate instance-id per boot
- ConfigDrive: fix sub-platform rendering for /config-drive directory source
cloud-init analyzenow tracks and reports vm and kernel boot times
And of course numerous bug fixes and other enhancements.
Version 19.3 is already available in Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan).
Below is a breakdown and history of recent releases. It also shows the change in version to the year.release format: