DebtCalc was an iOS app I developed in 2012 and 2013. It was my first development experience with mobile technologies. It was a great expereince that let me touch on a number of key things:
- iPhone development: learning to use XCode and the iOS development environment
- App publishing process: understanding what Apple required and going through their documents on requirements how to promote the app
- LLC setup: I setup an LLC with a lawyer and learned all about the various types of businesses and tax implications
- Marketing the app: pricing, promotion, placement, and product - I had to think through all of these aspects with the app and research various aspects, see what others have done, and try things out
- Android experience: I attempted to make an Android version of the app after publishing the iOS version. It was during this experience that I decided that mobile development was not something that I enjoyed :)
It was a fantastic experience that I learned a ton from: from the financial side of setting up a business, to the marketing aspect of a product, and to the code itself of mobile applications.